john chizoba vincent
NIGERIA OF MY DREAM 1
Nigeria of my dreams
Where the air moans no more,
Where men love and care for each other.
Those who are involved in fraud, theft, murder
And arson or mislead of any form shall be dealt with.
The voice of the voiceless shall be heard clearly,
And the weak shall be strong.
Nigeria of my dreams,
Where Gold and silver shall be for the monkeys
And the beggars control the black water.
The poor shall be rich and the richer shall be reduced equally.
Smugglers shall have no bread to eat
And their barn shall be empty.
the contraband goods shall be restricted.
john chizoba vincent's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (NIGERIA OF MY DREAM 1 by john chizoba vincent )
- PARTNERS IN CRIME, Terry Collett
- Palace of death - this body, gajanan mishra
- Twelve Step Heaven, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Hardcastle Crags, Sylvia Plath
- Burning The Letters, Sylvia Plath
- On Edge at Midnight, Kimani wa Mumbi
- Why do we need friends, Bineeta Kharga
- My Body ain't a Lab, it's a Temple. Wors.., Kimani wa Mumbi
- Black Pine Tree In An Orange Light, Sylvia Plath
- treasure and love, sultan mahmud
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan