john chizoba vincent
NIGERIA OF MY DREAM 4
Nigeria of my dreams,
Where the giants are challenged by the dwarfs
And the flowers shall be given freedom.
Dreams of the toddlers shall not be shattered away.
Each day will never sweat our bodies dry and
Flies will never cling on our back.
The sun fierce and scorching, shall be warm,
There shall be no more burning of the heat of the day.
No more the dread of the hungry wolves
But only stories of valour on a fruitful land.
There shall be constant light, good roads, pipe borne water.
And the pretenders shall express love to their humble land.
Advance fee fraudsters shall repent,
Hunger shall never dwell in the street.
Nigeria of my dreams,
Where Hopes shall be seen in the mirrors smiling.dead educational sectors resurrected.
O, when look at the leadership of Nigeria,
All i can see is leaders that are hungry for power,
Eager to kill to retain power, Epileptic And constant
Privatization of energy and hoodlums of salvaging our oil.
They shall be no more.
john chizoba vincent's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (NIGERIA OF MY DREAM 4 by john chizoba vincent )
- Go on learning, Aftab Alam
- quand il pleut, xxx xxx
- How can I tell the truth, gajanan mishra
- A Few Beautiful Poems for Whom, for What…, Hebert Logerie
- Flash trade, hasmukh amathalal
- I know no one besides my mother, gajanan mishra
- Her Front Door, Randy McClave
- Thankless animal, hasmukh amathalal
- Treat Me Right, Katherine Nordhaus
- A Call to the MinuteMen, Michael Stevens
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Surfer, Judith Wright
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All Day It Has Rained, Alun Lewis
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)