Night Hangs Heavy.
Thick and warm, midnight
With tight reins.
Lengthening minutes with strings
Of silence, ringing
In lonesome ears.......... goals
Met, then dissolved in thick mist
By such things as.........
Lonliness, ...... heavy as lead,
And yoked tight around
My heart, blankets hope.
The scale weighted...........
Sends burden of boundless
Steel netting to snare more hours,
Until the late night strikes fear
Of the future.................
Into my poor waiting heart.
But you send before dawn
Curtains of love, descending
Like rainbows.......... to loosen
Dark's hold, and pressure
Departs as the sun rises.
I then am reminded of your.........
Heavy is only at night.
Fay Slimm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Night Hangs Heavy. by Fay Slimm )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Tazkera–e-bewafa …………, shaik sahal
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- Hymn To Morning, Naveed Khalid
- A NIGHT OF INCANTATIONS, Bayo Adebowale
- A Walk In The Woods, Michael Webb
- A Song Of Joys, Walt Whitman
- Fließendes Grün, Floy Dy (Floyd) Ra (Floydson)
- Release yourself, Elena Ioannou
- BETCHE SAID PATIENCE, ANTHONY KIRUI
- Crazy Thing, Leah Ayliffe
- A Thought A Head, Ima Ryma
- **कधी कधी **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge