Night Hangs Heavy.
Thick and warm, midnight
With tight reins.
Lengthening minutes with strings
Of silence, ringing
In lonesome ears.......... goals
Met, then dissolved in thick mist
By such things as.........
Lonliness, ...... heavy as lead,
And yoked tight around
My heart, blankets hope.
The scale weighted...........
Sends burden of boundless
Steel netting to snare more hours,
Until the late night strikes fear
Of the future.................
Into my poor waiting heart.
But you send before dawn
Curtains of love, descending
Like rainbows.......... to loosen
Dark's hold, and pressure
Departs as the sun rises.
I then am reminded of your.........
Heavy is only at night.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Night Hangs Heavy. by Fay Slimm )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The BLISS Train IS Rollin'! ! !, Monk E. Biz
- Akungba Igbeyin, Tosin Abegunde
- Potential Individuality, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Ballad Of The Cowardly Fornicator, Andrea Mejia
- hostess snack, you missed the messy attack, Mandolyn ...
- Brightness Is Brighter, mary douglas
- Ekphrastic Poetry- Van Gogh -Night Cafe, Marieta Maglas
- Suddenly Darkness, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej
- Walking On The Jewels Of Your Silence, mary douglas
- Show It To Me, Lawrence S. Pertillar