NIGHT SKY is something that steals my heart.
NIGHT SKY is a scene that always lives in my eye.
when I see up in the sky,
the bright stars on the dark sky,
the spotty moon between the shiny mob,
all this awakes a feeling,
which is somewhere deep in lock,
at anyone corner of my heart.
This sky makes me think of my ancestors,
whom I feel watching me & blessing me from there.
Those lovely stars are my friends & my best friend moon,
with whom, I can share all my words without fear.
But, the day we both do not meet,
it breaks my heart, my eye starts raining,
& all the way, the darkness of night,
draw me in pain,
& leaves me alone...
Mitika gupta's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Night Sky by Mitika gupta )
- Thief and poet, gajanan mishra
- Go on, Sweet Bird, and Soothe my Care, Robert Burns
- Second Epistle to J. Lapraik, Robert Burns
- The Soldier's Return: A Ballad, Robert Burns
- Epistle to Hugh Parker, Robert Burns
- Everlasting, Cee Bea
- Oh Daisy, Prophmatt . . .
- Versified Reply to an Invitation, Robert Burns
- Suppressed Stanzas of "The Vision&q.., Robert Burns
- mask, Aftab Alam
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Bright Star, John Keats
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)