Night The Third
The hours torment me.
I do not want anything -
Money, a lover's lips, fame,
Beauty for me, a husband -
It is all the same.
A house over my head
Is a house to die in.
Do not pray for me, mother -
Till you wish me dead.
Peter Russell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Every night for nine nights Manuela appeared to me in a dream, and each night she spoke a poem to me. I had never seen her before and I have no idea who she was. - P.R.
Comments about this poem (Night The Third by Peter Russell )
- A Rainbow holder, Antonio Liao
- The Marketplace, Tony Adah
- Sailing Midnight, Steven Rhoads
- No one is, hasmukh amathalal
- Seizing The Arrears, Dexsta Ray
- I shall sing, hasmukh amathalal
- Thelo (1), Branden Aeling
- Why lord should look, hasmukh amathalal
- A to Z for You, Indranil Bit
- Our bretherne, hasmukh amathalal