Saying good night, at the end of each day,
I'm pained she's not here, but miles away.
Decades ago, she once was my bride.
Then I made a mistake, now I'm empty inside.
With her being there, I do nothing but cry.
Closing my eyes, I try to force sleep,
With longing inside, I again start to weep.
Again I remember, what I once said to she,
We'll meet in the stars, there waiting I'll be.
Once we're united, our spirits'll run free.
Though distance tends, to keep us apart,
I long for and hold her, near in my heart.
The nights for now, can rarely be ours,
We're married to others, and stuck behind bars.
We'll each close our eyes, and then meet in those stars.
Recalling those words, I again start to smile,
Close gently my eyes, reducing the miles.
I see all the stars, though beautifully arranged,
But she is not there, and nothing has changed.
More lovesick I get, with no love we'll exchange.
I wait there, alone, with hope in my heart,
Cursing the choice, that's kept us apart.
When off in the distance, wisps start to churn,
An image appears, of something long yearned,
Tears start to flow..., you've finally returned.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nightly Goodnight by GJG Elton )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- [®XLIX~]Watch Super Bowl 2015 (49) Live.., Renz Barns
Poem of the Day
- Upturned Heart Of Joy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Upturned Heart's Joy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Nature in tact, hasmukh amathalal
- Daytime tropic, Luo Zhihai
- Vibrant Liberation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fear of the society, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- from..., Morgan Michaels
- Ebony Sadness Of Grief, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Comes only once, hasmukh amathalal
- Giving Entire Being, RoseAnn V. Shawiak