Lost in the world, searching for answers,
Why do we only live once? Why are there no second chances?
What is the meaning of life? What is our purpose for being?
Why do we not yet know? Do you know the reason?
A search for enlightenment, using many different teachings,
I must find the answer, by using any means.
To reach a state of enlightenment and find my nirvana,
So I'll ask someone who knows, can you hear me Buddha?
To find your nirvana, follow the teachings of Buddha,
Buddha gained enlightenment, so you must become a Buddhist.
Buddha was an atheist, searching for his heaven,
A way to be free and stop repeated reincarnation.
To reach a new state of consciousness,
you must become free from life,
Your possessions you must leave and you must forget your wife.
To find freedom from life, you must want for nothing,
Then you shall become free, from eternal suffering.
From the pain of the circle, of life being repeated,
Because Heaven can't be reached, if you’re always reincarnated.
To find enlightenment, forget human treasures,
To raise up into the sky, you must not crave possessions.
Trinkets or money or power keep you trapped,
Stop you leaving this life, stop you reaching the light.
Buddha’s Buddhist’s, practice his teachings,
Lead their life in the way, in which he believed.
Was the right thing to do and he did do it right,
Buddha left this world enlightened, he walked into the light.
To find your nirvana, to raise to a new state of consciousness,
Is to die as a man and then pray to go to heaven.
Maybe there is life after death
And maybe I will fly up and face God,
Maybe anything is possible...
But when I learn the truth, I will be gone.
(C) 2005 Aa Harvey. All Rights Reserved.
AaI Harvey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nirvana by AaI Harvey )
- The Unbearable, Lilly Emery
- My Childhood poem-3, soulful heart
- Nature Expresses Itself, Rohit Sapra
- I sold myself, Asma Riaz Khan
- Beauty, narasanna n narasanna n
- This Week's Spread, Jim Creston
- The Other Side, David Harris
- Come! Let's make it happen, Asma Riaz Khan
- O Beija-flor, Von Kimball Barney
- A Sincere Apology, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)