The souls cry out,
From all around.
The souls of the ones,
That had no choice.
The souls of the accidents,
The souls of the mistakes,
The souls of the unborn.
Murdered to protect a figure,
Murdered to protect a mistake,
Murdered to fix an accident,
Murdered to cover up your promiscuity.
Millions upon millions,
Can you hear the tortured screams,
Of the ones without a choice?
Living human beings,
Torn from the womb,
Barbaric, pagan, inhuman, souless,
This custom that we embrace.
Not even dogs,
Or savage beasts,
Are as civilized as man.
10/20/2012 Alton Texas
Juan Olivarez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Choice by Juan Olivarez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Dream days, Edgar Albert Guest
- An Uncle, Edgar Albert Guest
- Rubiks Cube, Angello Mitchell
- La Mer, Jesper Svenbro
- The Bright Side, Edgar Albert Guest
- When The Dressmaker Comes, Edgar Albert Guest
- Fishin'-Hunger, Edgar Albert Guest
- Hubbard And Pelletier, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Starlings, Jesper Svenbro
- Love Love Love, Electric Lady