No death with dignity for you
If someone out there can prove that there is a god, please let me know,
Difficult to believe though I hear the constant religious talk shows,
We are only allowed to live for x number of years and then we die,
And we can’t arrange this with dignity, the when, where and why.
Four American states already have death-with-dignity now,
But still our pompous Supreme Court and Ottawa will not allow,
And without binding referendums we can’t penetrate this,
Some countries already have it in their constitution like the Swiss.
How long will we have to wait before DWD arrives?
Will any of our present generation be still alive?
We don’t have to vote and less than half of us even bother to do,
Without leadership or referendums, we can’t break through.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No death with dignity for you by James Bredin )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(2 November 1994)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Poem of the Day
- I am Not Alone, Sandra Feldman
- When the flower withers, Leong Ming Loong
- चादंण रात, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- The Scheme, Tony Adah
- The Worry, Leong Ming Loong
- जो अब तन्हा ही निकला तो, ज़माना साथ चलता है, Abhishek Omprakash Mishra
- ** अबोल मी **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- जो देखू आज घर आँगन तो माँ की याद आती है., Abhishek Omprakash Mishra
- तुम्हारे इश्क में जीवन कहाँ, कैसे, गुज़ार.., Abhishek Omprakash Mishra
- यहाँ हर सुख का साथी है यहाँ हर दुःख कंवा.., Abhishek Omprakash Mishra