No death with dignity for you
If someone out there can prove that there is a god, please let me know,
Difficult to believe though I hear the constant religious talk shows,
We are only allowed to live for x number of years and then we die,
And we can’t arrange this with dignity, the when, where and why.
Four American states already have death-with-dignity now,
But still our pompous Supreme Court and Ottawa will not allow,
And without binding referendums we can’t penetrate this,
Some countries already have it in their constitution like the Swiss.
How long will we have to wait before DWD arrives?
Will any of our present generation be still alive?
We don’t have to vote and less than half of us even bother to do,
Without leadership or referendums, we can’t break through.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No death with dignity for you by James Bredin )
- Kamikaze Heart, Kewayne Wadley
- 难道你真是一片云（ Don't you is really a cloud? ）, qin xing
- Assuring Voice, Somanathan Iyer
- Synchronization, SALINI NAIR
- Best World, Kolade Seun
- For you, rest in peace, Cigeng Zhang
- Moon Beams, Yohan Confectioner
- Falling Through, Claudia Scott
- City Of Angels, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Everything is Measured, Aftab Alam
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns