James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
NO DIGNITY IN OUR DEATHS... DEC 17TH,2013
NO DIGNITY IN OUR DEATHS … DEC 17TH,2013
There is a date sometime in the future when I will die,
You too and it can’t be arranged and neither you nor I know why,
But as we get older, we get closer to that important date,
No dignity arranged as politicians and Supreme Court say wait.
All organized religions are opposed to this death notion,
But four US states have it and so does Switzerland across the ocean,
All this may not seem important to you, if you are young and able,
Your politician doesn’t want to listen so send him/her a cable.
Who was it that thought up the idea of life after death?
It just doesn't make sense after you have taken your last breath,
Has anyone come back from the dead to talk about this?
Better to have death with dignity because there is no abyss.
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.