NO DIGNITY IN OUR DEATHS... DEC 17TH,2013
NO DIGNITY IN OUR DEATHS … DEC 17TH,2013
There is a date sometime in the future when I will die,
You too and it can’t be arranged and neither you nor I know why,
But as we get older, we get closer to that important date,
No dignity arranged as politicians and Supreme Court say wait.
All organized religions are opposed to this death notion,
But four US states have it and so does Switzerland across the ocean,
All this may not seem important to you, if you are young and able,
Your politician doesn’t want to listen so send him/her a cable.
Who was it that thought up the idea of life after death?
It just doesn't make sense after you have taken your last breath,
Has anyone come back from the dead to talk about this?
Better to have death with dignity because there is no abyss.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (NO DIGNITY IN OUR DEATHS... DEC 17TH,2013 by James Bredin )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- [®XLIX~]Watch Super Bowl 2015 (49) Live.., Renz Barns
Poem of the Day
- Upturned Heart Of Joy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Upturned Heart's Joy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Nature in tact, hasmukh amathalal
- Daytime tropic, Luo Zhihai
- Vibrant Liberation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fear of the society, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- from..., Morgan Michaels
- Ebony Sadness Of Grief, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Comes only once, hasmukh amathalal
- Giving Entire Being, RoseAnn V. Shawiak