NO DIGNITY IN OUR DEATHS... DEC 17TH,2013
NO DIGNITY IN OUR DEATHS … DEC 17TH,2013
There is a date sometime in the future when I will die,
You too and it can’t be arranged and neither you nor I know why,
But as we get older, we get closer to that important date,
No dignity arranged as politicians and Supreme Court say wait.
All organized religions are opposed to this death notion,
But four US states have it and so does Switzerland across the ocean,
All this may not seem important to you, if you are young and able,
Your politician doesn’t want to listen so send him/her a cable.
Who was it that thought up the idea of life after death?
It just doesn't make sense after you have taken your last breath,
Has anyone come back from the dead to talk about this?
Better to have death with dignity because there is no abyss.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (NO DIGNITY IN OUR DEATHS... DEC 17TH,2013 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Please Remember, abigail sikwenda
- So near, yet so far..., Musical Ravi
- Shackled by Love, Maheshwer Peri
- Lackadaisical, Diane Hine
- Ghost City, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- The fine things in life, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Dead concern, hasmukh amathalal
- Your phallus is, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- rejection, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- All You Do Is Take, Lawrence S. Pertillar