No Dream Holiday
We will drive to a seaside cottage
But hush, say not one word.
We will join our hands in harmony
Wedded bliss is great I've heard.
A sweet little cottage I have seen
Down the lane near the elder-tree
Come hither my gallant handsome one
Throw caution to the winds and sea.
But we know this is just imagination,
a mixture of magic and fantasy.
For you are in love with a pretty lady
And I've heard wedded bliss is ecstasy.
I'll stay here in awe of you dear.
I will re-vamp my room all alone,
Maybe next year will bring good cheer
And we'll 'push the boat over the foam'.
Joyce Hemsley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Dream Holiday by Joyce Hemsley )
- don't you dare send me a postcard, Mandolyn ...
- there is a way to write to make you unde.., RIC S. BASTASA
- in Vietnam i had noodles, RIC S. BASTASA
- someone who never drops you, RIC S. BASTASA
- who can love and who is loved?, RIC S. BASTASA
- to know what is real from the unreal, RIC S. BASTASA
- HUMANIZE WITH ME, RIC S. BASTASA
- THE BOTHER, RIC S. BASTASA
- In Fantasia, Harry Freeman
- The Price of Gold, Achill Ladd
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)