No Easy Way
You told me once. You told me twice
and everything you said
is the only thing I think about.
It's embedded in my head.
You never told me lies. You never closed my eyes.
And everything I see
is the only sight I think about.
It's given me my sanity.
There is no turning back. There's just how I react.
Everything is silent now.
It's got me turned inside out
but made me understand how
there is no easy way,
not even how I pray
to erase all you said
and close my eyes instead.
For you've made it very clear
that your love is always near.
So when we say goodbye I will wonder why
I could not make you stay
nor ever find a way to escape this
on every single day.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Easy Way by Edwina Reizer )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Poem of the Day
- Bapu, In Your Memory, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Mirth of William, James Merchant
- -Untitled- (2), Morgan Siegel
- The Short Ballad of Egg Boy, James Merchant
- Logic in Life, Jayatissa Liyanage
- - Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Let Us Go for a Walk, Valsa George
- Legacy (2015), MILTON STYNER
- Glittering Textures, RoseAnn V. Shawiak