No Easy Way
You told me once. You told me twice
and everything you said
is the only thing I think about.
It's embedded in my head.
You never told me lies. You never closed my eyes.
And everything I see
is the only sight I think about.
It's given me my sanity.
There is no turning back. There's just how I react.
Everything is silent now.
It's got me turned inside out
but made me understand how
there is no easy way,
not even how I pray
to erase all you said
and close my eyes instead.
For you've made it very clear
that your love is always near.
So when we say goodbye I will wonder why
I could not make you stay
nor ever find a way to escape this
on every single day.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Easy Way by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Bonfire, Naveed Khalid
- A Friend's Promise, diana rose tolentino
- A poem-letter to my friends..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- In the summer..., Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Melbs, David McLean Mathews
- At Somnolence's Border, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- naam, anikesh wats
- show me how a comet showers, Mandolyn ...
- Live to Sleep, Robert Kane
- Devil Tree, Pradip Chattopadhyay