No Easy Way
You told me once. You told me twice
and everything you said
is the only thing I think about.
It's embedded in my head.
You never told me lies. You never closed my eyes.
And everything I see
is the only sight I think about.
It's given me my sanity.
There is no turning back. There's just how I react.
Everything is silent now.
It's got me turned inside out
but made me understand how
there is no easy way,
not even how I pray
to erase all you said
and close my eyes instead.
For you've made it very clear
that your love is always near.
So when we say goodbye I will wonder why
I could not make you stay
nor ever find a way to escape this
on every single day.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Easy Way by Edwina Reizer )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
((13 March 1941 – 9 August 2008)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- You Are Not Even Modern And Instead of B.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- One family, gajanan mishra
- Hamlet, You Too Are Writing Poems, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Christmas The Season, Valentine Mbagu
- Sinking Sun, Aftab Alam
- EMOTIONS, Eugene Latumbo
- LOVE, Eugene Latumbo
- Duty of a good friend, gajanan mishra
- FRIENDSHIP, Eugene Latumbo
- Inspiration, Michael P. McParland