No Fight for Free
We send the soldiers off to war
To fight the 'good' fight to stay free,
'Cause freedom is worth fighting for,
No matter what the price may be.
So many soldiers do and die,
And many more are wounded so -
Constant reminders to ask why
Is war the only way we know.
Freedom from fighting wars - that should
Be the freedom that's ever sought.
Unfighting can do far more good
For freedom won and kept unfought.
Wars waged have only one known yield,
The wounds of war are never healed.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Fight for Free by Ima Ryma )
- Love is complete, gajanan mishra
- When you know God, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Hymn, Sir Henry Wotton
- Raja Ravi Varma, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Psalm CIV, Sir Henry Wotton
- Friendship, Afshan Fatima
- Shaking Off The Finger Tip, Is It Poetry
- Golden Glow, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- A Prayer, Nicholas Breton
- Invective: The Hate Of Treason, Nicholas Breton
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)