No Fight for Free
We send the soldiers off to war
To fight the 'good' fight to stay free,
'Cause freedom is worth fighting for,
No matter what the price may be.
So many soldiers do and die,
And many more are wounded so -
Constant reminders to ask why
Is war the only way we know.
Freedom from fighting wars - that should
Be the freedom that's ever sought.
Unfighting can do far more good
For freedom won and kept unfought.
Wars waged have only one known yield,
The wounds of war are never healed.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Fight for Free by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Make Your World Bright, Ronell Warren Alman
- RAIN MOON, lalitha iyer
- Continue To Grow (Part 2), Ronell Warren Alman
- Do Not Make Excuses, Ronell Warren Alman
- Keeping You Alive, Natalie Evans
- The Men of War, Maverick Jones
- On Writing, Michelle Claus
- i want love to be startled, Mandolyn Davidson
- Sorrow's Free Will, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Eris, Goddess of Strife, Elia Michael