No Fight for Free
We send the soldiers off to war
To fight the 'good' fight to stay free,
'Cause freedom is worth fighting for,
No matter what the price may be.
So many soldiers do and die,
And many more are wounded so -
Constant reminders to ask why
Is war the only way we know.
Freedom from fighting wars - that should
Be the freedom that's ever sought.
Unfighting can do far more good
For freedom won and kept unfought.
Wars waged have only one known yield,
The wounds of war are never healed.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Fight for Free by Ima Ryma )
- Make others do, gajanan mishra
- MY FEELINGS FOR YOU, AMADU KAMARA
- From Gandhiji's Quotes for Gandhi Jayanthi, Dr John Celes
- Seeing, Aparna Chatterjee
- O American Girl, Will You Take With You?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Woman in Love, Akhtar Jawad
- Endearing Love, Kwai Chee Low
- The Swing, Kwai Chee Low
- Price, Ashraful Alam Shikder
- Let The King Think, Ashraful Alam Shikder
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)