No One Notices
School was almost finished.
Our last year all together.
No one wanted grad to come,
As it would be heartbreaking and difficult.
I'm the kind of girl who hides her feelings,
Who comforts those who need to be.
They never know how I really felt.
Maybe I just should've let it all out.
Everything was fine.
Until that one last day.
The dreaded graduation day.
The last time we were all together.
Tears were shed down all the faces.
Except mine, whose tried to stay joyous.
And I accomplished with so much ease.
They all wondered why I wasn't depressed.
As the first summer days went on,
I would cry myself to sleep,
And dream to make it all go over again,
Just to see their smiling faces beaming at me.
Weeks went by, and the one I loved, I loved no more.
We were done, and I shed no tears.
I was glad we were done.
I was happy and free.
Until I found out what he did to me,
I was happy as anyone could ever be.
Someone told me that he slept with another,
When we were still happily going out.
You slept with her, but you never told me.
You never said it was over.
You pretended to love me,
While you really loved her.
How could you do this to me?
Tears streamed down my face daily.
Did you even care for my feelings?
Would you even notice if I was gone tomorrow?
Sam Smith's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No One Notices by Sam Smith )
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(3 February 1887 - 3 November 1914)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Palanquin Bearers, Sarojini Naidu
Poem of the Day
- I Want You, I Want You, A Girl Just Like.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Missing You, Gillu Rahul
- Carpe, Doyen Lingua
- The Long Journey... From Tree to Me - Pa.., Jannavi Rout
- Tamarind, M.J. Lemon
- Poetry Or Science? Which Should It Be Gi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- ain't much a man, Doyen Lingua
- Season Greetings, Babatunde Aremu
- Significant and Sure., Sumita Jetley
- Laluwa Too A Leader, Bijay Kant Dubey