No One Notices
School was almost finished.
Our last year all together.
No one wanted grad to come,
As it would be heartbreaking and difficult.
I'm the kind of girl who hides her feelings,
Who comforts those who need to be.
They never know how I really felt.
Maybe I just should've let it all out.
Everything was fine.
Until that one last day.
The dreaded graduation day.
The last time we were all together.
Tears were shed down all the faces.
Except mine, whose tried to stay joyous.
And I accomplished with so much ease.
They all wondered why I wasn't depressed.
As the first summer days went on,
I would cry myself to sleep,
And dream to make it all go over again,
Just to see their smiling faces beaming at me.
Weeks went by, and the one I loved, I loved no more.
We were done, and I shed no tears.
I was glad we were done.
I was happy and free.
Until I found out what he did to me,
I was happy as anyone could ever be.
Someone told me that he slept with another,
When we were still happily going out.
You slept with her, but you never told me.
You never said it was over.
You pretended to love me,
While you really loved her.
How could you do this to me?
Tears streamed down my face daily.
Did you even care for my feelings?
Would you even notice if I was gone tomorrow?
Sam Smith's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No One Notices by Sam Smith )
- Another, Katelin Taylor
- Under my bed, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Words have power, gajanan mishra
- 001, Pijush Biswas
- The Stream called Love, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Taking cover., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Unclothing Her, Do You Want To Photograp.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love You Mom, Harold R Hunt Sr
- what is it for, Bull Hawking
- THE WEEKEND BASH., Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Different Ways to Pray, Naomi Shihab Nye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)