L C Vieira
No One Wiser Than A Child?
It's seven years since
her words first appeared to us.
Always for us.
It's thirteen years
since her first sketch.
Where are your alternatives?
No counterfeits in the wings?
No one wiser than a child?
Who can stand up to
the tests of Truth?
The God connection
Akiana's life and art.
Where are the mockers now?
Will you sneak past?
Push it away?
Has it ever gone
Does she share too much
hope for you?
This glimpse of
beyond yourself -
the unknown impossibilities
that are so real
more than a wish -
that blazing Light
to fear or praise?
await a future
as those before.
'Ridiculous! ' they shout,
but soon they whisper
as they pick their scabs,
and miss the Flesh
before their eyes.
Light wakes us still each day
for Light awaits us in the end.
Choose if you must
the dark to stumble there
if that is your only wish,
you will receive it
L C Vieira's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (No One Wiser Than A Child? by L C Vieira )
- Sailstarred, Sandsifting, Seaweed Script.., Saiom Shriver
- The art of love and affection!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Heaven with the Creator, Althea Marshall Wypyszczak
- Prison diary, Shikdar Waliuzzaman
- Mules, Saiom Shriver
- Abandoned Cocoon, Saiom Shriver
- I would cross, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Sometimes, Mark Webster
- Things of crumbs, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Lighthouse, Sarah Liz Bowman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)