No Way forward
Like a shadow cast on the floor.
With no reputation is trampled upon
The ants by the hoppers,
'Cause on this spherical ball they have no name'.
But with all cause, maintain a dimple on their face
How shameful we speak of the smiling sun
while he radiates his scourging rays
And our skin burn.
Rise to dawn, the ants at work
While at an end the hoppers wait for the outcome
Now the reverse is the case!
With their strength together
they raise the hopper to his place.
As the sun shines and sets
It leaves a crater between the sets
For the ants no way forward
Because a step further, in a dry artesian well!
With life gained, the hoppers sit and smile
With so much pain, the ants mourn for a while
But as maybe the case
The two will inherit one place.
uchenna nnodum's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Way forward by uchenna nnodum )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Bay Bridge - Reflections on Yesterday, Nathaniel Dean James
- PONDERING, Satish Verma
- Smrt, Tanja Bulovic
- The March Of Mortality, Edgar Albert Guest
- At Pelletier's, Edgar Albert Guest
- Fishing Nooks, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Day Of Days, Edgar Albert Guest
- Manhood's Greeting, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Few, Edgar Albert Guest
- Improvement, Edgar Albert Guest