The town in which I currently reside
is home to roughly 5,000 people.
Of these so called citizens,
roughly 30% make little or no attempt
to do much of anything at all.
Flailing happlessly between
a state of drug induced euphoria
and angst ridden welfare supplementals,
this lot is as pathetic as the genes that
brought about their rather innocuous situation.
Copyright (c) David Desantis
David DeSantis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Norwich by David DeSantis )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Jumbled Sewing Basket, Green And White W.., mary douglas
- Hospitality (Section 9 of Thirukural), rajendran muthiah
- Crushed, Gergana Teofilova
- Not a big deal, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Affinity with truth for all times, gajanan mishra
- Affinity with truth, gajanan mishra
- To the dodo, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- what are you for me, Lalit Kaira
- The elephant in the refrigerator, Diana Rosser
- Hilton at Milton,, lee fones