Lawrence S. Pertillar
After tolerating and surviving through,
Various stages of name calling...
And misplaced genres,
Others attempted to have me identified.
I've been blessed to adventure,
The exploring of my life to develop and grow.
And through this process,
I have been able to reminisce...
All of my experiences to witness.
While so many still stuck in fear.
Are unable to be themselves.
Or express a maturity that should be shown.
And being able to evaluate looks on their faces...
I see quite a few expressing regret,
That's not admitted...yet!
Since a comfort of truth still leaves them,
Wondering how they will be treated by it.
With a having this comfort fit as if,
It had always to them been known!
'How's it going? '
~I'm still hanging in there.
And you? ~
'I had to cut myself loose,
From that kind of noose.
And glad I did too!
Although difficult it was to do.
But to swing back and forth,
To drift in the same wind just to hang?
Too many of my ancestors experience it.'
~I wish I had done that with my life.
But I've become too addicted to old habits.~
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Not Admitted...Yet! by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Tears Of Loss, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Laid Down My Sword, Captain Cur
- Minds, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Apelike Persistence, Richard Thripp
- Your body is water, Mark Heathcote
- Past Human Race Historical Track Record, Terence G. Craddock
- Universal Global Condemnation Not Voted, Terence G. Craddock
- That Very Word, Dasia Deas
- State Selected Target Enemies, Terence G. Craddock
- Barbaric Veneer Layered History Of This .., Terence G. Craddock