Lawrence S. Pertillar
After tolerating and surviving through,
Various stages of name calling...
And misplaced genres,
Others attempted to have me identified.
I've been blessed to adventure,
The exploring of my life to develop and grow.
And through this process,
I have been able to reminisce...
All of my experiences to witness.
While so many still stuck in fear.
Are unable to be themselves.
Or express a maturity that should be shown.
And being able to evaluate looks on their faces...
I see quite a few expressing regret,
That's not admitted...yet!
Since a comfort of truth still leaves them,
Wondering how they will be treated by it.
With a having this comfort fit as if,
It had always to them been known!
'How's it going? '
~I'm still hanging in there.
And you? ~
'I had to cut myself loose,
From that kind of noose.
And glad I did too!
Although difficult it was to do.
But to swing back and forth,
To drift in the same wind just to hang?
Too many of my ancestors experience it.'
~I wish I had done that with my life.
But I've become too addicted to old habits.~
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Not Admitted...Yet! by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- A Few Beautiful Poems for Whom, for What…, Hebert Logerie
- Flash trade, hasmukh amathalal
- I know no one besides my mother, gajanan mishra
- Her Front Door, Randy McClave
- Thankless animal, hasmukh amathalal
- Treat Me Right, Katherine Nordhaus
- A Call to the MinuteMen, Michael Stevens
- Romeos morning serenade climb, Mark Heathcote
- Screamers, Lev Brekhman
- Bitter lament, Lev Brekhman
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Surfer, Judith Wright
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All Day It Has Rained, Alun Lewis
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)