Lawrence S. Pertillar
After tolerating and surviving through,
Various stages of name calling...
And misplaced genres,
Others attempted to have me identified.
I've been blessed to adventure,
The exploring of my life to develop and grow.
And through this process,
I have been able to reminisce...
All of my experiences to witness.
While so many still stuck in fear.
Are unable to be themselves.
Or express a maturity that should be shown.
And being able to evaluate looks on their faces...
I see quite a few expressing regret,
That's not admitted...yet!
Since a comfort of truth still leaves them,
Wondering how they will be treated by it.
With a having this comfort fit as if,
It had always to them been known!
'How's it going? '
~I'm still hanging in there.
And you? ~
'I had to cut myself loose,
From that kind of noose.
And glad I did too!
Although difficult it was to do.
But to swing back and forth,
To drift in the same wind just to hang?
Too many of my ancestors experience it.'
~I wish I had done that with my life.
But I've become too addicted to old habits.~
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Not Admitted...Yet! by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Minor Bird, Robert Frost
- We lose—because we win, Emily Dickinson
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Wish You Were Here, Eugene Latumbo
- કોઈ પણ બહાને koi pan, hasmukh amathalal
- Observation, Hans Raj Sharma
- MY CUSTOM, SirLalianMwittah Nyalali
- ANOKHA YEH DUNIYA KA MELA, Om Chawla
- The 4th day of Christmas, mai venn
- a hero, Cee Bea
- Never think again, hasmukh amathalal
- GO AWAY, SirLalianMwittah Nyalali
- वक्त की दिवार हम नहीं vakt ki, hasmukh amathalal