Lawrence S. Pertillar
Not As Easy As I Make It Look
If I have stated,
Without wavering from it!
With a consciousness given.
And with a mind I approve,
With a doing of me and no one else.
To the best of my ability.
Then why is it,
Those with their own insecurities...
Feel it is 'their' duty,
To convince me with their indignities...
That they are the ones,
I should try to understand! ?
With an attention given done.
I've got enough on my plate,
Creating my own innovative conversations.
Answering some of those questions I ask myself,
Is not as easy as I make it look.
They have no idea,
Of the challenges and expectations,
I have set for myself to accept.
And the time I have given to this...
Can be mentally draining.
And physically exhausting.
Especially when I have those days,
I am fighting myself just to shut up and be quiet.
Not too many know how difficult a task that is!
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Not As Easy As I Make It Look by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- A Universal Muse, Saiom Shriver
- Explanation needed, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- cliché, xxx xxx
- The Author To His Disconsolate Brother, Richard Brathwait
- God Visible In His Works, William Alexander
- An Invocation, William Alexander
- Aan Elegie On Dr. Ravis, Bishop of London, Richard Corbet
- Complaining Of His Want Of Friends, Edward Hake
- No Gold No Goodnesse, Edward Hake
- Priyo keu nei, Golam Rashid
Poem of the Day
- Unity is Strength, S.D. TIWARI
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Jabberwocky, Lewis Carroll
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1927)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns