Lawrence S. Pertillar
Not As Easy As I Make It Look
If I have stated,
Without wavering from it!
With a consciousness given.
And with a mind I approve,
With a doing of me and no one else.
To the best of my ability.
Then why is it,
Those with their own insecurities...
Feel it is 'their' duty,
To convince me with their indignities...
That they are the ones,
I should try to understand! ?
With an attention given done.
I've got enough on my plate,
Creating my own innovative conversations.
Answering some of those questions I ask myself,
Is not as easy as I make it look.
They have no idea,
Of the challenges and expectations,
I have set for myself to accept.
And the time I have given to this...
Can be mentally draining.
And physically exhausting.
Especially when I have those days,
I am fighting myself just to shut up and be quiet.
Not too many know how difficult a task that is!
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Not As Easy As I Make It Look by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Poem of the Day
- i'm on duty!, Alvin Word Speaker Tatlhego
- Battle Of Hard Knocks, Lyn Paul
- Expectancy ..(A Senryu w/ Haiku Syllabic.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Almost A Decade, Rimni chakravarty
- A Visit To Your Home Amongst A Field of .., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Cavern by the Sea, Martha Lavinia Hoffman
- Of The Second Presage..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- A Smile!, Avinash Nair
- mGIC TREE, oskar hansen
- innocence, abdirahman haaji rilwaan