Mark R Slaughter
Steely carcass eyes me down
In grit of stance, without romance.
Mulling or reasoning do not exist
In yammering circuits:
You do your job without recourse
With focused aim on driving force.
I just evanesce
Beneath your shining might, regress.
But do you weep or even care?
Have you humour, wish to share?
Do you suffer mental strain,
Let wine enthral, succumb to pain?
Are you graced with living flesh
In sensuous skin,
With heartening pulse to underpin?
Are you blessed with colleagues wise -
Thoughtful patrons to advise?
‘Irrelevant, ' is all I see conveyed,
To force me ponder while dismayed:
You're naught in constitution;
Devoid of resolution:
Alas, you are not human.
Copyright © Mark R Slaughter 2009
Mark R Slaughter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Not Human by Mark R Slaughter )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- 'Nightmare of 'Annabel Lee', Shania K. Younce
- I heard him, Nassy Fesharaki
- WAIL ON, WOLE, Onwuasoanya FCC Jones
- Allegory 1, Tori Bachue
- An Interesting Breed They Are, Monk E. Biz
- Revolution Brings Salvation, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Unity (Haiku), Diwakar Pokhriyal
- A Visit to the Unique Place, rohan bendre
- Yes, Mother Nature Teaches Bards..., Dr John Celes
- Tonic Pain, Soumita Sarkar Ray