Mark R Slaughter
Steely carcass eyes me down
In grit of stance, without romance.
Mulling or reasoning do not exist
In yammering circuits:
You do your job without recourse
With focused aim on driving force.
I just evanesce
Beneath your shining might, regress.
But do you weep or even care?
Have you humour, wish to share?
Do you suffer mental strain,
Let wine enthral, succumb to pain?
Are you graced with living flesh
In sensuous skin,
With heartening pulse to underpin?
Are you blessed with colleagues wise -
Thoughtful patrons to advise?
‘Irrelevant, ' is all I see conveyed,
To force me ponder while dismayed:
You're naught in constitution;
Devoid of resolution:
Alas, you are not human.
Copyright © Mark R Slaughter 2009
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Not Human by Mark R Slaughter )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 July 1849 – 19 November 1887)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(November 9 - 1937)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Let Me Die A Youngman's Death, Roger McGough
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Bologna: A Poem About Gold, James Arlington Wright
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- ETC3, shuvo chakraborty
- SONNET II, Sir Toby Moses
- Tamil on decline, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- A Life-Lesson, Luo Zhihai
- The Sunprincess, Akhtar Jawad
- Movement incidental, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Before Storm, Luo Zhihai
- Fate rules the outcome., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Cheap labor, Nassy Fesharaki
- Feed the ego, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.