Not in oneness
Your desire of me and mine of you
Are not alike.
My dream of you and yours of me
I don’t want myself to be you and you
Don’t want yourself to be I
As long as we are separate
As man and woman in sex.
It is futile to think that we are one.
Conjugation is a temporary process
Of pleasure existing in two identities.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Not in oneness by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
Did you read them?
- Remembering., Harold R Hunt Sr
- The tour bus of heaven., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Sirens, Alesia Leach
- American red, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The Race is on., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Decree's, Cee Bea
- A letter to a soldier., Harold R Hunt Sr
- 11 Days Before Christmas, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Who Are These Killers, Harold R Hunt Sr
- When I, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)