Note To Self
Remember the pain
Yesterday, today and again.
Remember the lost hopes
Dreams and fame
Remember the tears
I shed again and again..
Don't grow from our past,
Fairytales, they never last.
No life has a happy ending.
Satan has pain that is pending.
You see with your blind heart,
And where does that take you?
You closed the eyes to your mind,
Soul and common sense.
Leave us harsh,
If that's what you meant.
Once you're gone the door will close shut.
Don't come back,
Enough is enough.
Stay close to mommy my dear sister,
Don't come back to me
When your emotions are a twister.
She is using you my dear..
See through my eyes and have no fear.
Protect me as I do you.
Don't leave me like I know you will do....
josselyn marroquin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Note To Self by josselyn marroquin )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- when you get someone, Bull Hawking
- Ode to the Cereal Bowl: after Bukowski's.., Frank Avon
- Reflected Inspection, Kela LewisMorin
- Clean Plates, Frank Avon
- One Of Many, Kela LewisMorin
- Purpose, Kela LewisMorin
- Love, Kela LewisMorin
- What Is Right?, Kela LewisMorin
- Happy New Year, Kela LewisMorin
- 01 - A Little Talk, George Hunter