Note To Self
Remember the pain
Yesterday, today and again.
Remember the lost hopes
Dreams and fame
Remember the tears
I shed again and again..
Don't grow from our past,
Fairytales, they never last.
No life has a happy ending.
Satan has pain that is pending.
You see with your blind heart,
And where does that take you?
You closed the eyes to your mind,
Soul and common sense.
Leave us harsh,
If that's what you meant.
Once you're gone the door will close shut.
Don't come back,
Enough is enough.
Stay close to mommy my dear sister,
Don't come back to me
When your emotions are a twister.
She is using you my dear..
See through my eyes and have no fear.
Protect me as I do you.
Don't leave me like I know you will do....
josselyn marroquin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Note To Self by josselyn marroquin )
- soon. chapter 2, Mandolyn ...
- Through A Puppet's Eyes, Dilantha Gunawardana
- soon. chapter 1, Mandolyn ...
- Dragon King Daughter, Tim caffery
- LONE LADY, vidyut chakraborty
- Psalm 070, Forrest Hainline
- What is said in autobiography, gajanan mishra
- The weird erotica, Marcel Aouizerate
- Acting Judge, Tim caffery
- Your lovely smile, Jesus James Llorico
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Dream Keeper, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)