Chip a chunk out of time, and crawl into the cave of this moment.
Listen only to the sounds of the present, the echoes and the melody
of your lovesong.
Shut out the past with a boulder.
Don't let the light of old thoughts creep through the door.
Push back the future with the strength of right now,
And stretch this minute until it circles infinity.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Now by JANIS Frankel )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- St. Valentine's Day, Edgar Albert Guest
- Pleasure's Signs, Edgar Albert Guest
- Bud Discusses Cleanliness, Edgar Albert Guest
- Our Country, Edgar Albert Guest
- Being Dad On Christmas Eve, Edgar Albert Guest
- Tinkerin' At Home, Edgar Albert Guest
- Safe Conduct, Edgar Albert Guest
- Chums, Edgar Albert Guest
- Lillian's Reading, Edgar Albert Guest
- Passion, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken