NOW, AND THEN
My mind is completely blank;
Empty: yet somewhere deep inside
A ghost stumbles throught the cold white corridors,
A dark grey ghost, silently weeping, transluscent tears dropping.
A ghost which was once a green girl
Who stepped out of a shadowy copse
With a dripping knife in her hand
While the heavy leaves dripped slowly, darkly.
What had she left inside, bleeding, dying?
It was herself.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (NOW, AND THEN by Nim Lee )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- not a poem, Praveen chaudhary
- Loving Mark Strand, Deborah DeNicola
- People should, hasmukh amathalal
- The Tool That Carries, Barbara Fleury
- No one may, hasmukh amathalal
- Not material gain, hasmukh amathalal
- In A Misty Autumn Night., Amitava Sur
- Life is to be, hasmukh amathalal
- Birthday poem, Philo Yan
- Two Young Scamps, Jeff Gangwer