The sound of animosity
wakes you up.
There was a shadow war.
The ethnic otherness,
when you were ditching
the sermons, the adjectives.
Will you accept the
atrocity of nouns who keep
on inviting the fat spiders?
The vision has failed.
I don’t find any cue
to the nests of sparrows.
Ah, the booming guns.
But I was talking
Satish Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (NUMBNESS by Satish Verma )
- Uyakhumbula, senzokhaya umhayi
- Wedwa, senzokhaya umhayi
- time or space?, ko the skipper
- The Truth Are From The Laws, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Sadness Of This World, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Could Be Out In The Rain, Vigna Mukund
- Equations: Friend Or Enemy, Guess Who
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second