They tend the sick and care for the dying and their job is very tough
And for the marvellous work they do they are not paid enough
And to the call of duty they remain ever true
Our credit and thanks to nurses since credit they are due.
Nurses are caring people and they are kind of heart
In war zones and disasters they always play their part
In caring for the injured and the dying they always give their best
Nurses are never found wanting when they are put to the test.
A Worldwide scarcity of nurses that's what I've heard and read
On current affairs and newspapers and truly it can be said
That those are not good tidings far more nurses we need
So many owe their lives to them they heal the wounds that bleed.
In corporal works of mercy they surely lead the way
And their dedication to duty never allows them to strike for higher pay
If days are put aside for honouring Wars, Monarchs and Presidents we should have Nurses Day
And up and down through every City and every Town bands in their honour play.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nurses by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Please Remember, abigail sikwenda
- So near, yet so far..., Musical Ravi
- Shackled by Love, Maheshwer Peri
- Lackadaisical, Diane Hine
- Ghost City, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- The fine things in life, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Dead concern, hasmukh amathalal
- Your phallus is, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- rejection, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- All You Do Is Take, Lawrence S. Pertillar