fill my soul
with freedom's scent.
Your waves that roll
that came and went
to enrapture me.
Then were gone.
My message in a bottle
lost at sea.
Blue moonlight shone,
What's left for me.
my poetry in motion
is just lights upon
take me away,
under crimson skies
where happiness lies.
That came and went,
like your tide.
Sun in my eyes
but I'm dead inside.
My tears in a bottle
lost at sea,
as sunset bled.
I yearn to be
immersed in a rhyme.
I just mime
of another time,
written in water alone.
Like promises of devotion
in the ocean.
wash over me.
And cleanse my world
of used to be.
To wake marooned
on that island of dreams.
My hopes harpooned
split at the seams.
my only potion.
in the ocean.
Kevin East's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ocean. by Kevin East )
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Anecdote of the Jar, Wallace Stevens
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Richard Cory, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- What Bhagavad Gita is not, Bashyam Narayanan
- Sold, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Pain, Pain Knows No Race, Hebert Logerie
- God's Hands Of Love, Tom Zart
- Alone, Samantha Gronn
- David, Casey Renee Kiser
- She Stuck Her Butt Out At Me..., wanderer sailor
- Nine Views of the Huangshan, Paul Hartal
- Trying to Say Goodbye, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Autumn, Leong Ming Loong