October To Recover
There at the eve where October planned her suicide,
l embraced praise and worship hoping to recover all that was lost over the years.
There at the gloom where October groaned to dethrone her grains,
l burned my candle hooting to recover the bloom of my dream.
There at the throne where October struggled to end her rule for the year,
l waited to build my drone for the fears ahead.
There at the nest where October decided to rest her neck,
l ragged to set my quest for the task ahead.
There at the mountain where October feed on fears and drank the tears of distress,
l mounted my fountain of hope and coat ahead.
There at the garden of flowers where October watered her field for the last time,
l planted my seeds of expectation and desires.
There at the season where October reasoned the purpose of her living,
l hallowed the Lord in the eve of halloween.
There at the moment of moments where the fate of October was to be determined,
l pleaded to have the grace to embrace November.
Valentine Mbagu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (October To Recover by Valentine Mbagu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Govt at people's door, gajanan mishra
- Nothing Going On, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Her Shoebox Of Poetry, louis rams
- Releasing Sorrow's Energy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Let world be aware, hasmukh amathalal
- As She Wrought, Darlene Walsh
- When A Man Offers His Heart, Lora Colon
- What love is, gajanan mishra
- ALL YOUR HEART 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- The echo you held as your own, Mark Heathcote