October To Recover
There at the eve where October planned her suicide,
l embraced praise and worship hoping to recover all that was lost over the years.
There at the gloom where October groaned to dethrone her grains,
l burned my candle hooting to recover the bloom of my dream.
There at the throne where October struggled to end her rule for the year,
l waited to build my drone for the fears ahead.
There at the nest where October decided to rest her neck,
l ragged to set my quest for the task ahead.
There at the mountain where October feed on fears and drank the tears of distress,
l mounted my fountain of hope and coat ahead.
There at the garden of flowers where October watered her field for the last time,
l planted my seeds of expectation and desires.
There at the season where October reasoned the purpose of her living,
l hallowed the Lord in the eve of halloween.
There at the moment of moments where the fate of October was to be determined,
l pleaded to have the grace to embrace November.
Valentine Mbagu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (October To Recover by Valentine Mbagu )
- She's mad at me today, Louis Borgo
- An Event, Heather Burns
- Hiding In The Open In Her Room, Is It Poetry
- All Hallows Eve, David Lewis Paget
- The Devil Twists God's Words & Desires., Tom Zart
- Naturality, michael walkerjohn
- time, lee fones
- I Saw You Today, Raven McCall
- 'First Step', michael walkerjohn
- conkers, lee fones
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- If I Knew Someone Cared, Nicole Rawls
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- CHERYL winter
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)