Ode to Chickens.
Wobbleful fluctuations of tender chickens
remind me of wrapped packages of meat.
Shiny shoes, suspender belts and gold lighters
carry the rooster's disco beat.
Sunrise, on trickling brooks,
amongst the forest glades, rowing a boat,
laughing with the kids, accumulating compound interest,
evoke an urge to eat.
Compact feathers, from beak to toe,
are not for flying, well planned, neat.
Phoenix Claws on Dim Sum dishes,
a Sunday morning treat.
Free Range Embryos!
Sections of Cartons, Platoons of Boxes, Battalions of Crates, Divisions of Truckloads - Do not concede defeat.
A festive bunny,
with a multicoloured arsehole,
crouched in the middle of the highway,
is facing the headlights,
beating his meat.
Simmon Tan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ode to Chickens. by Simmon Tan )
- A poem for you قصيدة لك, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sometimes heart cries, sunil shukla
- Even the Linguist Goes Silent, Melissa Studdard
- My Children, Elia Michael
- Maria, John Lars Zwerenz
- GETTING OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE., Changez Ndzai
- HOW FAR I HAVE COME!, Changez Ndzai
- BEHOLD THE FALL OF ANGLO-AMERICAN POWER!, alexander opicho
- The Old Dane Gun, Tony Adah
- Rijles, Madrason writer
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- On His Blindness, John Milton
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)