Ode to Chickens.
Wobbleful fluctuations of tender chickens
remind me of wrapped packages of meat.
Shiny shoes, suspender belts and gold lighters
carry the rooster's disco beat.
Sunrise, on trickling brooks,
amongst the forest glades, rowing a boat,
laughing with the kids, accumulating compound interest,
evoke an urge to eat.
Compact feathers, from beak to toe,
are not for flying, well planned, neat.
Phoenix Claws on Dim Sum dishes,
a Sunday morning treat.
Free Range Embryos!
Sections of Cartons, Platoons of Boxes, Battalions of Crates, Divisions of Truckloads - Do not concede defeat.
A festive bunny,
with a multicoloured arsehole,
crouched in the middle of the highway,
is facing the headlights,
beating his meat.
Simmon Tan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ode to Chickens. by Simmon Tan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A moment of truth, Mark Heathcote
- After Jacques Brel, mary douglas
- I Didn't Want This To Admit, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Deciding They Will Run, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Cutting Edges Plaguing, Terence G. Craddock
- Curse, MAD DEW
- Nature's Glory, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- A SECRET, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Life Image Distortions, Terence G. Craddock
- From Chibok With Love, Adeosun Olamide