Just the Regular Scotty Dogg
Ode To Fall
The never ending orange and yellow
Leaves bombard me;
Bludgeon me like the Red Baron
Shot up Snoopy that one Halloween
I'll rake one spot for hours in
My front yard. Scratching a patch
For hours and hours and hours.
Just one square foot of yard.
Now, one leaf is stubborn,
And it sticks to my rake. I shake
And shake and shake. My rake.
I scream at the leaf:
'Why do you torment me so? ' and:
'Tenacious dead leaf, I hate you! '
Now, I collapse to my knees
And weep and weep.
I will pound the ground with
Fists and wrists.
I will grovel to the lawn
Pleading with obscenities.
Okay, you are high above
Me now. Like a bird in that
Yonder tree. See me pounding?
You see my plumber's crack?
Watch, as I do snow angels
In the pile of red leaves;
And, I also do that spinning
Thing on my side like 'Curly'
Of The Three Stooges always
Then my neighbor comes out
To get his morning paper:
'Good morning, Jim' says he, with
A knowing nod.
'Hi Bob, ' says I.
Just the Regular Scotty Dogg's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ode To Fall by Just the Regular Scotty Dogg )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Fight On, Maurice Harris
- LEARNING about the toxicity of your fart.., RIC S. BASTASA
- the life we still live...., RIC S. BASTASA
- you are neither changed nor diminished, RIC S. BASTASA
- Poetic styles, Somanathan Iyer
- Unknown Cat, Somanathan Iyer
- Around us, Somanathan Iyer
- Don't ask certain people what food you h.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Empty Cartridge, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Your Love, abigail sikwenda