Just the Regular Scotty Dogg
Ode To Fall
The never ending orange and yellow
Leaves bombard me;
Bludgeon me like the Red Baron
Shot up Snoopy that one Halloween
I'll rake one spot for hours in
My front yard. Scratching a patch
For hours and hours and hours.
Just one square foot of yard.
Now, one leaf is stubborn,
And it sticks to my rake. I shake
And shake and shake. My rake.
I scream at the leaf:
'Why do you torment me so? ' and:
'Tenacious dead leaf, I hate you! '
Now, I collapse to my knees
And weep and weep.
I will pound the ground with
Fists and wrists.
I will grovel to the lawn
Pleading with obscenities.
Okay, you are high above
Me now. Like a bird in that
Yonder tree. See me pounding?
You see my plumber's crack?
Watch, as I do snow angels
In the pile of red leaves;
And, I also do that spinning
Thing on my side like 'Curly'
Of The Three Stooges always
Then my neighbor comes out
To get his morning paper:
'Good morning, Jim' says he, with
A knowing nod.
'Hi Bob, ' says I.
Just the Regular Scotty Dogg's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ode To Fall by Just the Regular Scotty Dogg )
- Behind The Mountains, Bismark Sosu
- Sonnet # 530, Luis Estable
- Jesus saw something in me that others fa.., Royston Allen
- Seasons Away, Bismark Sosu
- "What manner of Man is this? ".., Royston Allen
- The Bench, Renee Russon
- Sonnet # 529, Luis Estable
- Desire, Deborah Kelley
- DO NOT ASSUME, Donald R Charon
- poisons by s.r 2, skye robertson
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)