Ode To Life
What we build in a lifetime can be destroyed in a minute,
Watch what you say acknowledge your limit.
Take breath and give pause when a fork in the road nears,
Choose left or right wisely and avoid hindsight tears.
This life comes but once opportunity fleeting,
Embrace what feels right with a smile and warm greeting.
Trust in your instincts and keep your mind clear,
Be open to opinion but don't believe all your hear.
Set yourself goals don't make them dreamed notions,
Specific stepped targets will keep you in motion.
Be polite to all others show respect give warmth,
Draw those good beside you and those not wide berth.
Life is a journey destinations your choice,
A long road that may scar you but keep positive voice.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ode To Life by Simon Mack )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Let the Lines Come, Shalom Freedman
- Lost In A Photograph, Kewayne Wadley
- Riff on Hope at the Dentiist, David McLansky
- tHiNgz B cLeAr er inside OpEn - LoST fRi.., sEaN nOrTh
- TO BE UNDERSTOOD SUBLIMITY, ROCHISH MON
- *In Sympathy Melt - for Jen Walls, C. P. Sharma
- Animal Kingdom, Denis Martindale
- *True is my Master*, C. P. Sharma
- sCenE LeFt RiGht tHeIr, sEaN nOrTh
- A Tingly Feeling, Alvin Jenner