Ode to Pirate Sun, Sea, Wind and Rain
Pleasant intermittent rhythms
voiceless smiles that transverse space
sunlight plays in raindrop prisms
each one falls to intrigue my face.
Sweet swipes my tongue's long liquid taste
across parched lips of cooling thirst
pool in cloud's white veils misty lace
where each drop claims to bathe me first
naked to the wind singing odes to sea and earth.
Flower of the deep sea blossom;
Poseidonia and Mangrove,
blue light filters tall seagrass hums
beneath your waves throughout your coves
rhizome fills your lush treasure troves.
Aquamarina fruited leaves
dress orange red reefed coral droves
twines up coifs cliff side rising eaves;
the budding mermaid's dirge alluring as she grieves.
Slight ripples streak your polished glass
preambles rouse your dozing waves
still my sails stationary mast
upon your paused symphonic staves.
Orchestral banded wind invades
the restless beauty of your lake
each fluted note and horn pervades
the shores and landlines you will break
with tidal drums as mankind trembles in your wake.
Captain Cur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ode to Pirate Sun, Sea, Wind and Rain by Captain Cur )
Did you read them?
- A ship, hasmukh amathalal
- The Daughter of the Earth- 22, gajanan mishra
- The Daughter of the Earth - 21, gajanan mishra
- Self - Raising, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sunshine In Your Eyes, Eleonor Santiago
- Run, run, run and running, gajanan mishra
- Run, run, run, gajanan mishra
- What About Tomorrow, Claude H Oliver II
- My Time, Claude H Oliver II
- The ball, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)