Ode To Seniors
Suddenly the lights go out
as if nobody's home in this mind
rendered blank as a Vegas chip.
Another perfectly good idea vanishes
into the void of a “senior moment.'
I spit out a colorful expletive or two;
try to return to what I was doing
before the rush to find pen and paper,
before I forgot what the hell they were needed for.
And so it goes in my life,
‘gotta be quick and fast’ and I’m neither.
Thank God I live in the computer age;
at least I still have nimble fingers.
Carolyn Brunelle's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ode To Seniors by Carolyn Brunelle )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I Need A Reason To Live Your Dream, Asma Riaz Khan
- tera didar wo, Yashvardhan Goel
- My bloody heart!, Vinaya Joseph
- Cobwebs, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Gifts of Aging, Liilia Talts Morrison
- You Will...! ! !, Asma Riaz Khan
- Anjani Si Shikayat, Yashvardhan Goel
- Police station, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- dard sehkar bhi, Yashvardhan Goel
- Three Coins For Her Love, Pradip Chattopadhyay