Ode to Those People You Can't Find on Facebook....
I've been thinking
that the best thing
one can do for their
social media life
is not have one.
Every year or so
I think about my old friend Mr.Smith.
I met him my freshman year in college
on the wrestling team.
He was a lanky kid
smoked a lot of hash
and always wore a ski cap.
He dated petite blond girls
but saved his love for his snow board.
Anyhow, when I do think of him
I immediately jump on facebook and see
if I he has a 'social media presence.'
Unless he goes by some other name now.
And I make up all kinds of crazy stories
Maybe he's a spy
or a former spy who now helps people in distress
or a drug runner
dragging hash from Mexico
and into Colorado.
Maybe he dates a supermodel
or an aspiring actress.
Maybe he's a bum who hitchhikes
all over the country
gets an odd job
stays long enough
until he has enough money to leave
then hits the road again.
Maybe he's an enterprising entrepreneur.
Maybe he's a chef.
Sometimes I think he's a ski bum
who lives the kind of life
where he snowboards all day
and smokes hash all night
and beds beautiful petite blonde
girls on vacation from Connecticut.
Sometimes I think he moved to LA and surfs
instead of snowboards.
probably are more interesting than the real story.
They are certainly more interesting
than the shit I see on facebook every morning.....
Manny Furious's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ode to Those People You Can't Find on Facebook.... by Manny Furious )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- January’s Sad Refrain, Teresa Dearing
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- A Man Of Different Charectarestics, Musa Ndhlovu
- Ever Hike in Hope, Pintu Mahakul
- The Past, Eugene Latumbo
- Lovely Hand, Pintu Mahakul
- There you are, Cee Bea
- Memories:, Gaurav Pandey
- Loneliness, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Christmas Tree, Zoila T. Flores
- I Did Not Ask Him, But Said He, I Am A M.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- An Umbrella, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan