Ode to Winter
Darkness till seven,
Twilight by four,
Daylight is something I'm so longing for.
Black in the morning,
Bleak before dinner,
Memories of sunshine are only a glimmer.
Day after day, it's gray and it's cold.
I dream of the spring with its green and its gold.
A deep freeze drawn in black and white.
One long sleep in a dreamless night.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ode to Winter by JANIS Frankel )
- verse, oskar hansen
- No Joy, Edward Kofi Louis
- Showing Kindness To All Mankind, Edward Kofi Louis
- 'We Live in Times of Deep Regrets', Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- This is my life, this is only mine,, Aftab Alam
- The African Spirit, Gbolagade Taiwo
- For ones who Mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Just When You Dont Know What To Say, Say.., OLUMIDE FAMILUSI
- This was the day when i died, surendra jakhar
- Postman, Naveed Khalid