Of love’s silence
Did you call?
I did not hear you speak a word,
I thought you did articulate.
We fought, and what not;
And fell so silent,
I looked at you, you looked away,
But I am sure, I heard you say,
Does silence speak?
It has its way.
I gazed into your eyes,
And tried to find,
That little thing,
Which made me feel,
You spoke a lot,
Yet said nothing.
Fights are eternal,
And fleeting peace;
Many say, love’s just a way,
For dopamines to have their say.
It does not speak, and neither do you,
Are you love, hormones or simply dumb?
And blind too.
You do not see, what I perceive,
Intangible, yet palpable.
Silence has its way, and so does love,
It doesn’t matter, what you do not say.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Of love’s silence by Shruti Goswami )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- On The Highway Of Life, Heather Burns
- Angel With Ferns In A Far Landscape, mary douglas
- Theres A Place, Heather Burns
- Plum Tree, Kyle Schlicher
- Suffusing My Heart In Sunrise, mary douglas
- A Promise Made, Kyle Schlicher
- Our Children, Heather Burns
- Going Home, Heather Burns
- Valentine With Doves On The Seven Last W.., mary douglas
- Family, Wullien Thang