Why your celebration ended on a discordant note?
You took a French leave,
Dying so young.
Your mother left in the forest of impenetrable silence.
Why you make your mother sing sonorous song of sorrow?
Dark digged deep pain into the humble's heart
Yet, your inner eyes is stark naked.
why did you make your mother flow in flood tears?
The eyes of your conscience is in dark mind
Tear gives you rank
And it makes your mother lack
Yet, desert grows on your face.
Ejalonibu Abraham's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Oh! Abiku by Ejalonibu Abraham )
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Bright Star, John Keats
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)