Africa, my Africa
Mother of all nations, the sleeping Lion
Her throne was set firmly on Zion
Where is her greatness?
Where are all her loved ones?
Scattered in foreign lands
Africa, wake up!
wake up and look at your kingdom
Your land is being run by thieves
Your leaders are now slaves
The air is full of smoke
You have become a joke
Watch them take away your precious stones
You slept too long
now your roar isn't strong
Run away and take your crown with you
Look for your true soldiers
For one day, you shall return to where you belong
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Oh Africa by Olawale Okunrinboye )
- Sab bhar kiya tha..., Azhar Sabri
- Taqraar mohabbat me..., Azhar Sabri
- In Joyous Distress, Margaret Alice Second
- PRETTY THOUGHTS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 如果爱是守候, qin xing
- Strife, Md. Asadullah
- 'MY FAMILY', paul fornillos
- ~ Eyes ~, Aparna Chatterjee
- The Panama Canal, Edgar Albert Guest
- Out At Pelletier's, Edgar Albert Guest