willow moon pearce
Oh! but a wish.
To wake and find no war
On television would be a dream
Pair it with no violence,
No homeless, it would be a vision.
I consider if it would be possible then,
If leaders, Presidents and Prime Ministers
Could put away their differences
And listen to their people.
A huge percentage would want peace
A huge percentage could sleep safely at night.
Scared of the nation with the strongest army
Stopping the 'if I forget about it, it will go away'.
Man has brought war into our homes
For as long as he has walked the earth.
When will it end?
I suppose it could, but too many people
Live a good life, the parasites that make
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Oh! but a wish. by willow moon pearce )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Midnight's Rain, Khairul Ahsan
- Seamless Transition, Doug Blair
- To Be Continued, Vincent Topp
- Church Woman (Saint in Progress), Doug Blair
- Invisible Monster, Dan Walker
- Dead Veg, Richard Lee
- House of Cards, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Flying Turtles, Richard Lee
- The Guaca-mole, Richard Lee
- Pop goes the Easel, Richard Lee