Oh Heart! Why do you cry? -II
In the worst of the night,
When my heart was crying..
I said my heart, 'Oh heart! Why do you cry? ,
This lovely life's a stage,
To win and loose..
But don't you take it awful hard,
As i can see the blaze of the sun,
right in front of me
That we will kiss together,
I can smell the will in you
Oh heart! Why do you cry?
Yes this life's a deadly race,
Of touchy pains and heartless pace,
But don't you make it a soulless toil,
As i am with you,
Why do you cry?
No matter whatever be the fate,
we won't stop and wince
in this middle of the race
nor gloom in this murky night,
Oh my brave heart!
We will scrum and break this dusk
Into a thousand burning suns of hope
To see the dawn together....'
Piyush Dey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Oh Heart! Why do you cry? -II by Piyush Dey )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On the Amtrak from Boston to New York City, Sherman Alexie
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)