Babalola Augustine Adeola
They told us education is the way.
It will make us better.
Yet we rest in peace without getting it.
After school, they said.
Our lives will be better.
wealth will come our ways
But they never told us
some of us will be friends to church mouse.
And some too,
will only add to the wealth of the grave.
we can't blame you.
We don't even have the locus to do that.
in our pains, we will still thank you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Oh Life! by Babalola Augustine Adeola )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Persona, Madrason writer
- Aquarel, Madrason writer
- OVER THE ROCK OF SUICIDE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I am black, hasmukh amathalal
- Omgekeerde muziek, Madrason writer
- A Kind of Villanelle, Joyce Sutphen
- Hit, it!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Minder bedrogen, Madrason writer
- Geweldsparabel, Madrason writer
- To Be Kind, Edward Kofi Louis