Where is the beauty in being old
Your teeth grow long as gums grow short
Your back curves as your hair straightens
and looking good becomes more like work...
Then there is the other side of life....
Being beautiful without having to do anything
I hear a lot of people say...'Oh what a beautiful baby.'
or 'All babies are cute.' and for the most part
this is true....
I guess ugly must come with age....
Ted Sheridan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Old Fart by Ted Sheridan )
- Stairway To Heaven, Adriana Avila
- swollen veins., Tajudeen Shah
- The Lady!, kwane Lamb
- My's Magic, Tim caffery
- Kill The Crown, Tim caffery
- forgive my funny bone if it's not always.., Mandolyn ...
- Limerick-37, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- ****~ARRANGED MARRIAGE~****, Amit Ray
- Jessica Simpson, Justin Reamer
- Midterms, Justin Reamer
Poem of the Day
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)