Old Man and Young Bride
Do you marry me?
Do you know I am old?
I can’t love you all the way I wish
I can’t give you all the pleasures
A young man can give you
Satisfy the desires you yearn to!
Do you love me?
Do I deserve?
I can’t say “no” to you
You will be my wife
You will be my love
I will cherish you
More than I can describe to you
You will be the jewel of my heart
I will be your man
You will be my woman
sherif monem's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Old Man and Young Bride by sherif monem )
- Life is a dream, glen salem
- Finding STeps, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Good & Bad, Priyanka Gupta
- Interaction, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dial My Heart, Edward Kofi Louis
- Erato My Muse Of Love Poetry. (Part 3), Erato
- Set Aside Your Fear, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Twitter, gajanan mishra
- Sliding Gracefully, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Tiny Beetle, Paul Gerard Reed
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(3 March 1878 - 9 April 1917)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)