Old Mary Had An Evil Eye
Old Mary had an evil eye,
She could look at someone,
And they would die.
Don't ask me why,
I think she'd do it just for fun.
People crossed streets to flee,
And not meet her face to face.
They didn't want Old Mary to see,
Sometimes they'd hide behind a tree,
Downtown looked like a ten k race.
One day Mary went to comb her hair,
Because it looked a mess.
And though it had almost no care,
More like a tangled rabbit snare,
She loved it so I must confess.
Well she combed it out so very nice,
It sparkled of gold with a little red.
She combed out all her wedding rice,
And ten or twenty full grown lice,
Her eye did smile, And she dropped dead.
3/23/13 Alton Texas
Juan Olivarez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Old Mary Had An Evil Eye by Juan Olivarez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- we were made for love..., Marshall Gass
- The piano tutor......, Marshall Gass
- The fog......., Marshall Gass
- silence, Marshall Gass
- Trauma, Marshall Gass
- Tequila and Temptation., Marshall Gass
- which button makes me disappear?, Mandolyn ...
- PEOPLE الناس, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- After The Interview...ll, Morgan Michaels
- Follow The Flies, Is It Poetry