Peter Daniel Phiri
On A Runway
When you speak you sing life from deep within your soul and it’s quite clear when you smile in the mirror the world smiles back at you!
Inside, you are still the same kid Playing childish games Together with others On the runway
Under the full virgin moon Chasing butterflies with childish endurance Delirious, lost in fantasy! Like the blind man on his walking sticks
So don’t cry The day you realize, that l meant happiness in your life
Deny nostalgia Lurking in your thoughts, Helter-skelter often lead to strangers avenue
Harness patience and endurance What would it profit you? Writhing and contorting? Why would you rob your spirit of exuberance?
Your heart is not as hard as stone. Meanderings of your soul root from some place… Somewhat pregnant with love!
It’s hard for me To fit into your delicately made frame So l forgot your beautiful face, And easily made strangers laugh
I wish you would understand The same thing that inspires me Is the same thing that drives me crazy!
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On A Runway by Peter Daniel Phiri )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- That Old, Sweet Poison, C.k. Pearse
- Curriculum Vitae, C.k. Pearse
- O The Knowledge, sallam yassin
- The Day Silver Walked Into My Life, Famoroti Odunayo Israel
- Time To Come Home, Wilfred Mellers
- I Am Always With You, Amitava Sur
- I Dream Of You, Lilly Emery
- In Springtime Under The Trees, Kyle Schlicher
- Change Coming, Kyle Schlicher
- One Because Of The Other, Kyle Schlicher