Lawrence S. Pertillar
On A Seesaw
And then again,
Some prefer to disbelieve...
What it was they saw.
With a keeping kept thoughts,
To go unchallenged.
At a time I perceived,
A picking of the right relationship...
Could be balanced as if,
That perfect fit existed.
But without commiment...
To a sharing of those ups and downs,
Disappointment and conflicts...
Comes and someone decides to split.
Ending devotion with it to quit.
And on that seesaw,
No one attempts to find that right balance...
But decides for them it is better to get off!
Than to remain sustaining through those ups and downs,
To await for a happiness discovered to be found.
Not today when many are seeking another to keep them UP!
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On A Seesaw by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Where are you going, gajanan mishra
- Funerall Elegy XX, Francis Quarles
- Lovely, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- Life, Mustapha Muinah
- Funerall Elegy XIII, Francis Quarles
- A monkey's like a ghazal in his mom's eyes, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Death Be Not Proud: A parody (with apolo.., Arindom Borah
- Funerall Elegy VII, Francis Quarles
- YOU MAKE ME RICH!, Seema joglekar
- My Wife, dee villa
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)