Lawrence S. Pertillar
On A Seesaw
And then again,
Some prefer to disbelieve...
What it was they saw.
With a keeping kept thoughts,
To go unchallenged.
At a time I perceived,
A picking of the right relationship...
Could be balanced as if,
That perfect fit existed.
But without commiment...
To a sharing of those ups and downs,
Disappointment and conflicts...
Comes and someone decides to split.
Ending devotion with it to quit.
And on that seesaw,
No one attempts to find that right balance...
But decides for them it is better to get off!
Than to remain sustaining through those ups and downs,
To await for a happiness discovered to be found.
Not today when many are seeking another to keep them UP!
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On A Seesaw by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Crazy Mary, Midnights Voice
- Creative Solutions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -32, Ronjoy Brahma
- Disagreeing With Care, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Outer Limits, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Keep simply cool, hasmukh amathalal
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -31, Ronjoy Brahma
- Folds Of Death, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- hey dipstick, this is for you, Mandolyn Davidson
- Time - I know not, gajanan mishra