Lawrence S. Pertillar
On A Seesaw
And then again,
Some prefer to disbelieve...
What it was they saw.
With a keeping kept thoughts,
To go unchallenged.
At a time I perceived,
A picking of the right relationship...
Could be balanced as if,
That perfect fit existed.
But without commiment...
To a sharing of those ups and downs,
Disappointment and conflicts...
Comes and someone decides to split.
Ending devotion with it to quit.
And on that seesaw,
No one attempts to find that right balance...
But decides for them it is better to get off!
Than to remain sustaining through those ups and downs,
To await for a happiness discovered to be found.
Not today when many are seeking another to keep them UP!
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On A Seesaw by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- To Watch My Steps, Edward Kofi Louis
- Must Not Withdraw, Zulfiqar Ali Bhatti
- To blow the scent of flowers of friendsh.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Badagry, Edward Kofi Louis
- drawn to the mountain, Thomas Leathandrum
- To Reward You, Edward Kofi Louis
- Pysch notes chapter 2, imani halley
- Wiles, Edward Kofi Louis
- FLIGHT OF ECSTASY, Donald R Charon
- dream and dreamer, binod bastola
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- They Ask Me for Verses!, Jose Rizal
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(November 9 - 1937)