On Equal Ground
There is a place which I have found
Where I can be on equal ground.
I’d always thought that I was wrong;
That I was a little less able all along.
But now I have found a new past-time,
And it is one at which I can shine.
The underdog, I am feeling no longer;
My confidence keeps growing stronger.
I have found it all rather surprising,
That up the ranks I have been rising.
I know that I will never look back:
Not now that I am on the right track.
In myself, I can now finally believe,
And in all that I am able to achieve.
Confidence breeds more confidence,
And I now feel able to jump the fence.
The Examiners’ comments drive me on;
A cap and gown, I am hoping to don.
With my studies, I’m feeling half-crazed;
But, by my achievements, I feel so amazed.
For once in my life, I am on a mission;
My heart is full of drive and ambition.
I will keep on climbing and never stop:
Not until I have reached the very top.
Angela Wybrow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On Equal Ground by Angela Wybrow )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- March to past, SALINI NAIR
- Elements Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Inner Freedom's Equality, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Missing a loved mate, Ananta Madhavan
- Tears Imprisoned, The Astronomer
- Night Of Creative Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Another Love Story..., John Ugolo Umah
- nothing says nothing like this, Mandolyn Davidson
- Ripples Of The Heart, Kewayne Wadley
- she came across in Wrangler jeans, Bloar Heir