On Equal Ground
There is a place which I have found
Where I can be on equal ground.
I’d always thought that I was wrong;
That I was a little less able all along.
But now I have found a new past-time,
And it is one at which I can shine.
The underdog, I am feeling no longer;
My confidence keeps growing stronger.
I have found it all rather surprising,
That up the ranks I have been rising.
I know that I will never look back:
Not now that I am on the right track.
In myself, I can now finally believe,
And in all that I am able to achieve.
Confidence breeds more confidence,
And I now feel able to jump the fence.
The Examiners’ comments drive me on;
A cap and gown, I am hoping to don.
With my studies, I’m feeling half-crazed;
But, by my achievements, I feel so amazed.
For once in my life, I am on a mission;
My heart is full of drive and ambition.
I will keep on climbing and never stop:
Not until I have reached the very top.
Angela Wybrow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On Equal Ground by Angela Wybrow )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- putin and napoleon, co the skipper
- Poet And Poem, Ruma Chaudhuri
- My Dream, Kripa Bhardwaj
- Under the Tamaring Tree (St. Patrick's A.., Leonard Dabydeen
- Prime Truth - 83, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 82, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Directors Are Cap Off Scot-Free, Terence G. Craddock
- Prime Truth - 81, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Relation is by woman, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- life without you, kiranjot kaur thiara