On Meeting Late
They met too late and they both knew
that meeting late would never do.
For time was against them in every way.
The clock was ticking their time away.
“Oh, “said she, “this should never be.
There’s not enough time to be with thee.”
He listened quietly and knew she was right.
They had their chance earlier to unite,
but were afraid to say what they did feel.
They became victims of what time does steal.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On Meeting Late by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- You Are My Master, Lilly Emery
- Summer time to have fun, Arafat Driche
- *Heart...oh...Heart*, Arafat Driche
- 'Oh, Heart''Oh, Heart'..., Arafat Driche
- HearT! ? ...., Arafat Driche
- The Art of Praying, Dr John Celes
- Auto-Abuse, No Charge, not $7.11 @ 7-11 .., LUVinThe NOW
- we won't even have the circus, Mandolyn Davidson
- doing donuts in the mojave desert, Mandolyn Davidson
- 'Thank You Trees', Christina Sunrise