Dr John Celes
On Mother's Second Death Anniversary
Two years have passed away
Since you left us mother dear;
We can't forget that fateful day
Before which you were so near!
We know we lost a priceless gem
Whose value we didn't know then;
Our mum was fit for a diadem;
We're sure, she must be in heaven!
What love she gave us all children!
How well she reared us everyone!
She showed us each ‘road to heaven';
Her earthly duty was well done!
We miss you mother very much;
You were a role-model to us;
Your cooking had a magic touch;
You brought us up in happiness!
The world without you is empty;
A wise lady has left us all;
Your life on earth was so pretty,
Until you heard God's divine call!
Oh, how we wish we meet again -
A soul that radiated love;
Oh, how you talked to all so sane,
And yet, kept yourself like a dove!
O mother dear, we will all meet
Some day in heaven very soon;
With joy, we will forever greet
And with dad see the sun and moon!
Fondly dedicated to our most loving mom,
Mrs. Stella Thangamarie Antoniswami
On her II death anniversary 27-04-2012
‘May God grant her a place in heaven soon! '
Copyright by Dr John Celes 23-04-2012
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On Mother's Second Death Anniversary by Dr John Celes )
- All cut jokes, hasmukh amathalal
- Finally Freed (Unbound), Dylan Attard
- This materialistic world هذا العالم المادي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- My dream (Naani Poetry), Jesus James Llorico
- The Long March, Malek Haddad
- Silence Seeping, Dylan Attard
- Pag-ibig, Jesus James Llorico
- My World is Falling Apart, Mark Ramirez
- A Long Time Ago at The Honey Hut, Dylan Attard
- 21 (It's Been A While), Dylan Attard
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)