On My Way
Halfway conscious, halfway there
My mind drifts from one moment to another
It wanders, it has no purpose
But it does.
It separates the detrimental from the worthless.
Some ideas that run are to worth catching up to.
Some ideas are worth embracing.
Reeling in another catch.
Letting it all go, hoping for something satisfying.
The selfish taste for more than I bargain for lingers.
But is dissolved by something bigger than my own.
It vanishes like a thief in the night.
Reality is no longer a factor.
I'm on my way.
It won't be long.
The factors that kept me going will fade.
Some will start me off on the right foot.
Others will encourage me to the end.
Ben Bergeth's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On My Way by Ben Bergeth )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Friendship's Light, Pamela Kewin
- Windmill, lee fones
- A Rise of Fury, tolu ogundare
- I Feel Your Darkness, Lilly Emery
- Arabian sea., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Winter Walk..., Denis Martindale
- Year 3000 and Beyond (A Scientific Fores.., Jesus James Llorico
- When Dreams Come, Kyle Schlicher
- Horse of the Hot Bloods, tolu ogundare
- of my Pride, sEaN nOrTh