On My Way
Halfway conscious, halfway there
My mind drifts from one moment to another
It wanders, it has no purpose
But it does.
It separates the detrimental from the worthless.
Some ideas that run are to worth catching up to.
Some ideas are worth embracing.
Reeling in another catch.
Letting it all go, hoping for something satisfying.
The selfish taste for more than I bargain for lingers.
But is dissolved by something bigger than my own.
It vanishes like a thief in the night.
Reality is no longer a factor.
I'm on my way.
It won't be long.
The factors that kept me going will fade.
Some will start me off on the right foot.
Others will encourage me to the end.
Ben Bergeth's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On My Way by Ben Bergeth )
- Dreaming of Things While I Remain In My .., Rohit Sapra
- Facebooker, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Kidultnap, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Laugh, arshad arshad
- Puzzle of a Lovely Girl's Name!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- E- Humanity, Aamir Joyci
- In Memory of my Mother, George Pfumbi
- I Saw You Today, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Poetry Is Where You Find It IX, Frank Avon
- Touching the Dream, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Death of the Ball Turret Gunner, Randall Jarrell
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)